We believe that what you believe ought to affect how you handle money.
We are entirely dependent upon God for our support. We believe God moves people to give, and we expect our members to give. We seek to be a place where our members, friends and guests can grow in their faith life, including in trusting the Lord with their finances and giving. We seek to avoid legalism and we acknowledge that talk about money can keep some people from coming to church or hearing the Gospel. We know that how we handle “our” money – and every other aspect of our lives – should be influenced by what we believe. We will seek to find ways to incorporate biblical teachings on the stewardship of money as we teach the congregation. We will seek to find ways of talking about how money can be used to further God’s ministry through Grace without making money the ministry.
We believe that the desire to give comes from hearts that have been changed by Christ.
We seek a Biblical Understanding
Giving cheerfully and sacrificially of our finances is part of our worship. A believer labors not to get rich or acquire stuff, but to steward God’s resources well and to model Jesus to those around us, our brothers and sister for whom Christ also died.
We seek to honor God, and one of the primary ways we serve God is by cheerfully giving God our “first fruits” (2 Corinthians 9:7; Proverbs 3:9). We call our members to give, not by meeting some obligatory percentage, but gladly sacrificing for the sake of the gospel because Jesus sacrificed for us, and all we have is His.
We thank those who have helped us meet these needs and pray that all the members and friends of Grace would join in faithful, consistent giving as Scripture instructs.
What your donation does
- Pays the salaries of those who preach and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pays for the building we use for nearly all our services, classes and activities. It’s a place where people come to encounter Christ.
- Pays for the water, gas and electricity we use to provide a safe and warm place for the activities we undertake.
- Covers the cost of technology used to worship God and communicate God’s message.
- Pays for the curriculum we use in our classes for kids and adults
- Helps underwrite Bible camp scholarships and youth trips.
- Helps Grace support other ministries around town and around the world.
- Helps Grace to help community members facing difficult times.
Grace Lutheran Church is a non-profit 501(c)3 religious organization. Donations are tax-deductible.